San Felipe Rox!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Baja California » San Felipe
July 10th 2006
Published: July 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Seven Eleven wait no...Seven Eleven wait no...Seven Eleven wait no...

Seven Lleven where no one could figure out how to give us gas...
We took our anniversary trip to San Felipe in Baja! On the way down the gas light came on about 42 miles from the resort...and there were no gas stations on this 2 lane washboard road through the barren desert...and it was closing on midnight! Needless to say we were scared out of our minds and praying to La Virgen de Guadalupe...our backs were against the wall and our dicks were in the dirt; but we pushed through being the international jet-setters that we are.

When we arrived the guard to the resort had no idea how to check us in...he basically just handed us a key and we had to drive through a pitch black 30 acre resort with no directions on how to find our casita. After driving through dirt and dunes we found the casita and stumbled in, only to go to sleep.

In the morning we awoke to the most beautiful view of the Sea of Cortez and stifling 100 degree heat...but it was great. We couldn't determine how to get on the beach (it was gated), so the gaurd offered to let us in through a hole in a chainlink fence...he had no idea how to let us in either. It seemed like no one who worked there, knew anything about the resort...let alone spoke English.

Hilights of this trip included Chad's wrist-tie knife fight with members of the Vida Loca gang, and my scorpion arm wrestling match with large Marge. Also the night we spent in the off sight house in which someone was outside of our window with a walkie-talkie asking for a man as simultaneously the power went out...needless to say we got no sleep that night. Another hilight was the dinner we had at the restaraunt across from the famous Crocadile sign in which the band got seats for us and we had the best rum margheritas ever!

All in all San Felipe rox!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Sea of CortezSea of Cortez
Sea of Cortez

dazzling!
QuadzillaQuadzilla
Quadzilla

Beast of burden
Outta controlOutta control
Outta control

That's why they don't give children quads...


21st July 2006

wow
You two are too funny - now i'm really looking forward to mexico!!! guess we'll make sure the fuel tank is full before crossing the border! love you two, Mom

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0351s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb