Vallejo Central - El Hogar de Ninos - Valle de Trinidad, Mexico


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Baja California » San Felipe
June 12th 2008
Published: June 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Believe it or not, it has almost been 1 year since you last heard from us. We returned from Ecuador and took a leave of absence to return to our jobs and the rest of our lives. But we are ready to hit the road again with a new group and a new project. This year we are visiting an orphanage in Valle de Trinidad, Mexico located between Ensenada and San Felipe. We will be hard at work on the heat of the desert, building fencing and roofing as well as painting and other maintenance work. Ed Politano and Jerry Patricio will be our construction leaders. Arleen and Vivian will be leading the Vacation Bible School program based upon the Avalanche Ranch program in Spanish. Joanna Gardner will be our spiritual leader. We are excited about the trip ahead. I came in contact with the orphanage last year when we did our church renovation work. When we were trying to figure out what to do with our old church pews, I found out that the orphanage was building a church and the pews would be greatly appreciated. So the orphanage sent a truck to San Diego where they met our moving van filled to the brim with pews.

Tuesday morning, June 17 we fly to San Diego. There three vans will await us and we will drive to the orphanage that afternoon. Wednesday through Sunday we will spend at the orphanage. Monday we plan to spend a day in San Felipe and Tuesday in Ensenada. Wednesday morning we will fly back from San Diego. Hopefully we will find an internet connection to keep posting to our blog. Thanks for your prayers and interest in our project!

http://www.forhiskids.org/mexico-project.php

Advertisement



Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0617s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb