Cabo San Lucas


Advertisement
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Trev and Liz


Hola Amigos y Amigas,

After a sad week of saying goodbye to our family and friends, we got on the plane to Cabo and instantly fell asleep. On Sunday, I can say that for the first time in my life I sat next to a pool all day long and did not move. There were points during the day where this task seemed more difficult than running the marathon, but it was really nice to relax and read. We have spent the last 4 days doing the exact same thing, only getting up to make lunch or head into town for dinner. Just to give you a better idea of our general laziness - Our hotel is a beachfront hotel (literally a 10 second walk) and we did not make it down to touch the sand or the ocean until yesterday (Day 3). Thanks to Mitch and Mom the Senor seems to bring us pina coladas and margaritas (le dise no salt) whenever we want them and we had an awesome mariscos (seafood) dinner overlooking the beach and sunset last night. Thanks so much!

One side note - in a twist of irony as Liz and I try to
First Mexican Lunch that we made
run away from American corporate shenanigans we find out that IBM is having a huge retreat at our hotel this week. At least they put on a nice fireworks show for us on the beach last night!

Tomorrow we leave behind the plush resort life and AC to jump on a ferry from La Paz to Mazatlan. We were just informed that they got a new boat and now it only takes 6 hours instead of 17 (Trev and Liz 1 - Mexico 0).

Itinerary -

7/8 - 7/30 Mexico/other place that cannot be named
7/31- 8/5 Belize
8/6 - 8/21 Guatemala
8/22 - 9/14 Honduras
9/15 - 9/28 Nicaragua
9/29 - 10/19 Costa Rica
10/20 - 11/2 Panama
11/3 - 11/16 Ecuador/maybe Gallapagos
11/17 - 12/7 Peru
12/8 - 12/21 Bolivia
12/22 - 2/1 Argentina and Chile (First week or so in Buenos Aires)
2/2 - 2/22 Brazil
2/22 - ? Could be anywhere

I want you all to know that I spent 4 hard hours next to the pool with my Tecate working on this itinerary so that you would all be able to buy your plane tickets right now to come meet us
Lap Time!
along the way.

We miss you all already and ask that you keep us in your prayers as we go.

Love,
Trev and Liz

PS. If you do not receive a thank you note in a timely manner, please let us know so we can resend it. We are not sure how much we trust the Mexican post office!





Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



10th July 2007

FYI
Just so you know.......No one I know is even remotely jealous of you guys.
10th July 2007

Mexican Post
We mailed stuff from Mexico around Thanksgiving and it did not arrive until well after Christmas. We even mailed it from an airport, which literally could not be closer to the airplanes which would eventually take our mail to the U.S. So, moral is, significant delays can and have happened. Enjoy yourselves as you leave the comfort of a plush destination resort.
11th July 2007

Margaritas
Divertanse! Continúen bebiendo muchas margaritas. Ustedes están en nuestras oraciones. Y les amamos.
11th July 2007

Why cant I travel to somewhere warm? It's not like we dont have accounts in Bermuda.....
It is raining and cold in London, enjoy your sunshine........do I sound bitter?
11th July 2007

bathing suit
Where is your special red bathing suit, Trevor?
11th July 2007

Just one guy's opinion........
Okay, it seems like you've had a lot of fun - isn't it time to come home? Five days in Keystone and everyone became accustomed to seeing you. If you left now, you could make it in time for the Kate Laurel Smith concert at Kinfolks!
12th July 2007

?
Wait a tick,,,, Trevor met a girl??
12th July 2007

Road blogging
Guys, It is wonderful to hear from you and know you are enjoying such a laid-back time away. Sounds like everything a honeymoon should be! I really like your blog and enjoy the pix nearly as much as the text. Please keep us up to date with your travels and experiences (or as much as you want us older dorks to know) and please remember to stay safe, show each other love in every way you can think of and treat every adventure with serious respect. I'll keep checking in to see what's what and please let me know if we can do anything for you. We love you and miss you. Mitch
15th July 2007

As you asked for: The Prayers
Bless us, Father, and protect us from all harm in all our ways; Patiently, O Lord, direct us safely through these fleeting days. Let your face upon us shine, fill us with your peace divine. Praise the Father, Son and spirit! Praise Him, all who life inherit! Amen.

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0369s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb