Day 31 - Boarders


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada
August 27th 2011
Published: August 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The morning brought more traveling and a quick stop at Covered Bridge chip factory. We bought 6 bags of chips and us kids went on a tour of the factory. It was kind of cool to see how the chips were made and we each got a small bag of hot chips right off the belt. They were absolutely to die for and we got to top them off with our favorite seasonings. Since they were sweet potato chips Shawn left his plain. Shaley put some cinamon sugar seasoning on hers, and I put a combination of blue raspberry and green apple on mine, which sounds a little weird but actually was great! After that we continued the drive until we reached the U.S boarder. When we got there the man was really nice and let us go through no problem. He even told us about some cool places to stop in Boston. We took off through Maine, then through New Hampshire and into Massachusettes. When we reached Boston we passed the Boston (TD) gardens, and Fenway Park which was all lit up. Turns out the Red Sox were playing in Texas. Then we continued to where the GPS claimed Walmart was... even though it was non-existant. After trying twice Dad decided the GPS hated him and pushed in the other Walmart that was on the same street. At first we didn’t see it, but after taking a wrong turn the bright lights of its sign grabbed our attention and we went over to it. After we got the trailer set up we set off looking for somewhere to eat even though it was 11 at night. We found a T.G.I.F’s (then it meant Thank God I’m Famished according to Shaley) and went there for dinner. We had a great meal and an even better chat with our waiter who was a huge hockey fan as well. Then we returned to the trailer to catch some z’s.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb