Day 30 - Fisherman's Dream


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada
August 27th 2011
Published: August 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

In the morning we woke up to see that Martin had a gorgeous property and a creek with a bridge his Dad built in the back. Dad was up way before me, so he had already been down to the brook and saw a trout in it. Afterwards, Shaley and I went on a walk to town and Shawn and Dad went fishing in the brook. While on our walk Shaley and I spotted the boat we were going on and took a quick walk on the ocean floor. When we got back, the guys were still fishing so we took a picture of Shawn. When everyone was ready we hopped in the truck and went up to Fundy National Park. Since it was rainy we just hit up the Gift Shop and went out for some dinner. After we finished eating we headed straight for the boat. We met Martin’s Dad Reg and Martin’s son Luke and his other crewman as well as the biologist. Then we set off on the somewhat rough sea. The tide had just came in enough for the boat to float so we were running against the tide going out. When we were out Reg told us some awesome stories about how he founded lobster fishing and scallop fishing in that part of the Bay of Fundy because everybody else was convinced it was too sandy there for lobster. He also told Dad and I how he saved a few men in shipwrecks as well. We had some members of our family quite seasick though, and Mom and Shawn think they never want to go on a boat again. But the outing was very interesting, we caught lobsters that were absolutely humongous but because it wasn’t lobster season there we had to throw them all back. After the boat ride we had to pack the trailer up quickly and make some ground. We drove to a Walmart just outside of Fredericton to spend the night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb