Discover Canada 2


Advertisement
Published: September 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We started the day at Brian and Irene's in Brandon where we headed to breakfast at Tim Horton's! This is the most popular fast food eatery in Canada. More popular than McDonalds. They are most known for coffee and donuts. The food was great! We tried blueberry fritters, cinnamon rolls, apple fritters, and a Boston creme. From there we headed off across the prairie to the Province of Saskatchewan. We have learned so much about farming and prairie life here. The crops are being harvested, we watched combines separating grain from straw all along our journey today. We stopped and ate with friends in Regina. We have eaten amazing food. One example was Gopher Hill Cake; Yummy! We toured the training facility for the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Really neat place, packed with history. We then travelled to Hugh and Heather's in Saskatoon where we had a yummy dinner and visited.
We left Saskatoon early after a quick but delicious breakfast of toast, tomatoes, fruit and yogurt. Off we headed to Prince Albert and Prince Albert National Park. We arrived at Elkridge Resort and to the home of Jeff and Jane. An absolutely beautiful place! Here we discovered hawkin's Cheesees, wow! The house is located just outside the Prince Albert National Park and overlooking a little forrest and pond. Yesterday we went out on their boat on the nearby Lake Waskesiu in the park and took a cruise around. It was windy and bouncy on the lake. We saw deer, squirrels, and this morning a grouse. We shopped the village then back to the house to visit and once again eat yummy food.
This morning we took a hike into a bog in the national park and now are in the Elkridge Hotel blogging!! We love Canada! What a beautiful Country!



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Mary's MasterpieceMary's Masterpiece
Mary's Masterpiece

A piece of Canadian beauty


6th September 2010

looks like fun
Hi dad, It looks like a cool relaxing place. i hope you are having a great time. We miss you. Love Kari

Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0807s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb