Background: A land of vast distances and rich natural resources, Canada became a self-governing dominion in 1867 while retaining ties to the British crown. Economically and technologically the nation has developed in parallel with the US, its neighbor to the south across an unfortified border. Canada's paramount political problem is meeting public demands for quality improvements in health care and education services after a decade of budget cuts. The issue of reconciling Quebec's francophone heritage with the majority anglophone Canadian population has moved to the back burner in recent years; support for separatism abated after the Quebec government's referendum on independence failed to pass in October of 1995.
Photos from Moose Jaw
No Start a Travel Diary Free Travel Blog Site
Blogs from Moose Jaw
Latest Blogs from Moose Jaw
- September 22nd 2012 Moose Jaw SK...home of Mac the World's Largest Moose
by Words: 443 Photos: 2
- June 21st 2012 There Is No Place Like Home
by Words: 1330 Photos: 6
- July 24th 2010 A Quick Trip into Saskatchewan
by Words: 453 Photos: 13
- July 30th 2007 Moose Jaw
by Words: 35 Photos: 3
- June 23rd 2007 IF AT FIRST YOU DON’T SUCCEED...
by Words: 628 Photos: 1
- June 22nd 2007 NICOLLE WHO?
by Words: 789 Photos: 5
- June 21st 2007 Pilgrimage to Rouleau
by Words: 562 Photos: 4
- June 20th 2007 Two Bikes in One Day
by Words: 390 Photos: 2
- June 19th 2007 I GUESS SASKATCHEWAN DOES HAVE HILLS!
by Words: 622 Photos: 5
- June 19th 2007 Of ticks and prairie dogs
by Words: 370 Photos: 1
- June 18th 2007 AND ON TO MOOSE JAW
by Words: 631 Photos: 0
- July 9th 2006 Cross-Canadian Summer Vacation (Saskatchewan) Day 9 2006
by Words: 71 Photos: 4