Ready to go back to Caribee


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Montréal
February 10th 2014
Published: February 10th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Our quick little trip back home has ended up being longer than a month.

We have had some good times and bad times in this last month, and we have resolved some issues and closed some chapters in our life. While we were sick we had some time to reflect on things and go over our goals and plans. We have reassured ourselves of what we want to do here in Montreal for now and for the future. All that remains now is to learn where Caribee will finally fit in all of this. We have decided that even though a rest in the Bahamas along with all the practice that would go with it sounds great right now, we really want to get to Anguilla instead this spring. We need to get the boat there, start talking to people, start setting things up and get a feel for where it will go. That way we can assess our situation there and make new plans if need be. We need to know what's going on with that part of our life as it affects many other aspects of our lives as well. It is a bit stressful to have this grey area on our minds. We can rest once we get there- take some time for us and relax a little as we explore the surroundings by water this time.

And so we are now crossing the last things off our lists and getting ready to drive back down to Florida in a day or so. It will be more fun driving south and taking off layers of clothes than it was coming north I'm sure! I have really enjoyed the snow though. I don't hate winter, this is not why I am trying out this life. I was so excited to see the huge snowflakes falling and swirling in the glow of the street lights, and the mountaintop is always so beautiful with the clean white blanket over everything. I didn't have time to go out on skidoo, nor did I have time to go downhill or cross country skiing or skating. I did get to take a walk around the lake, do a little snow-shoeing and watch my cousins' riding lessons surrounded by a variety of animals. I don't miss shoveling, scraping off the car or when the wind is so bitter it takes your breath away.... but I will definitely miss the rest. If we can get most everything done today then I will be able to relax a bit in front of the fireplace one last time tomorrow in my beautiful home. It has been great to spend time with family, we even got to see friends here and there. Goodbye once more Montreal, see you in a few months!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



10th February 2014

You have a place to stay in Richmond, VA if you care to stop over. Would love to see you! I can e-mail my phone number. Sarah
27th February 2014

Thank you for your offer!! Sorry to only have read this now. We were planning to get far past Richmond on our first stop. The storm got worse however, so we ended up stopping just south of you after all!

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb