Day 128


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Montréal
October 6th 2009
Published: October 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After waking up and packing up to go we hit Quebec city. We only had a few hours there and wondered into the old town inside the walls. It was a stunning place with some great views of the bay and ships. It seemed really strange being in Canada but the city was like anywhere in France. Then we headed into the farmers market and grabbed some much needed brekkie after last night's disaster meal!

After strolling the streets we jumped back in the car and headed down the road for the 3 hour drive to Montreal.

Arriving in Montreal you can tell that this was the main city in Quebec. Big high rise building and a huge Olympic building filled the skyline. We headed for the old town as the new area is very much like every other city. The Notre damn building was really cool especially at night with blue lights shinning from the windows. After that we headed for some traditional French/ Canadian food, Indian! The food was ok but not like at home and the service was average so we decided that we wouldn't tip. We headed out the door after paying and began walking when the waiter came running out shouting. Craig stopped and turned round as he thought he may have left something... he never leaves stuff anywhere. The Indian guy got into Craig about giving him a 6 dollar tip as its the law, absolute bull but in the end we gave in. Next time we are just leaving and not tipping!!!!!!

Then we drive for a couple of hours towards Toronto to make the next days driving easier before stopping at a hotel for the night for some much needed sleep.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb