Is this really everyday life....!?


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Beaupré » Mont-Sainte-Anne
February 8th 2009
Published: February 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Once again the purpose of this blog is more to upload photos than for me to waffle on.

Well I seem to have come away unscathed from the weeks skiing and no more bruises which is always a bonus!! After the initial panic within the house about the exam next week a semi calm has now descended although tomorrow night I am sure we will all be pacing the floorboards with nerves. Tuesday is D day so please keep your fingers crossed - a big party is planned so Wednesday is going to be our day off.

Friday was a mixed day as I went skiing in the morning and then went off and did the food shopping with Marie-Eve in the afternoon. We are becoming more skilled and navigating our way around the supermarket with our overloaded trollies. I am also becoming faster and more expert at packing the stuff away at the checkout and for the first time we didn't create a huge backlog of people behind us! Its not the easiest trying to food shop for 8 people.

Friday night we went off to Zone Spa (as the name suggests its a spa!!). This is an indoor and outdoor spa. It proved to be a big hit for both relaxing us and for giving us all a big laugh. The hardest part was actually trying to stay quiet. I have to say that I chickened out at the rolling in the snow and jumping into the "extreme" cold lake. I did however take a dip in the other cold pool available and believe me that was cold enough especially when you got out and had to walk across the pathway before you could jump into a warm spa!!! Supposedly you burn 900 calories an hour by going in and out of the cold and hot spas..... however I think I made up for the loss of calories when we got back and had dinner.

Yesterday was a good, but busy, day on the slopes. Its funny as we are all used to having the mountain to ourselves during the week so on a weekend when you have to queue for a lift its frustrating. However the queues for the lifts are not as long as the queues you get in Europe on any given day! Last night was a ski instructors dinner at the ski school to which we had been invited. The meal was a random German theme however its was good food and even better it meant that none of us had to cook or wash up!! A disco was put on afterwards and we made a good show of throwing out some shapes on the dance floor - think the photos speak for themselves!

Off to Quebec city for the day so am sure I will have a few more photos to add to here at some point this week.




Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

James and GuyJames and Guy
James and Guy

This was one of the funniest things all night as James just walked across and picked Guy up and started dancing around with him. Unfortunately it was too dark for me to capture it on video.
James and J-FJames and J-F
James and J-F

J-F is the head of the ski school and once again didn't escape James' clutches
Sing OffSing Off
Sing Off

Bear in mind with this photo that James is 6ft 7 and Guy was stood on a box!!


8th February 2009

Good luck
Looks like excellent fun :) Good luck on Tues - not that you need it !Rxx

Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0836s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb