Alaska, Canada and NYC Day 17


Advertisement
Published: June 17th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Another sailing day this time through the inner passage. Seems a lot of the inner passage is open sea or done at night.

We do get a fair bit of time between 2 lots of land and there are numerous sightings of whales and porpoise during the day.
Plenty of time spent looking out to sea or at the eyelids.

Need to have our bags packed and at our door by midnight.

Forms to fill in for Canadian immigration and special bag tags that identifies our disembarkation group and time. Way too much to take in after weeks of no paper work.

Off to our last dinner. All the waiters are dressed with chef type hats and we are treated to a massive pass by from the entire food crew - chefs, waiters, officers, etc. All parading and waving napkins, getting us to do the same.

Good night and we get lots of pics if the group and have the waiters sing us their song. (Happy birthday in Philippines language with accompanying dish noises). Good fun.

Last again - yay.... Go to the bar for a final drink as a group.

Tonight we are meant to go through the really narrow bit of the inside passage around 1330. Talked about staying up for this but didn't happen.

Bags out and picked up in minute. Efficiency cannot be faulted.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.389s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb