Day Thirteen


Advertisement
Published: August 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Cows Ice Cream ShopCows Ice Cream ShopCows Ice Cream Shop

believe it or not, we didn't get ice cream
Ah, a whole day and nowhere to go! well, nowhere in the car anyway. Slept in a bit and had a nice free breakfast at the hotel and headed out for a walk to downtown Charlottetown. Very cool old buildings and houses and churches. Saw a place called Beaton's Wholesale, so we stopped in to look around (since Janet's ancestors that lived in Iris were the Beaton's). Not much there so we moved on. Well, wouldn't you know, we found a local brewery! The Gahon House Brewery. So, we stopped in for a bite to eat (and a beer or two). Yes, Patsy, the Canadian Pub Crawl continues! We liked the stout so much we bought a growler (a 64 oz. jug). It is resting comfortably in our hotel fridge. After taking it easy and lounging at the hotel we ventured out to have dinner. And, I had lobster! When in Rome... I was a little nervous, and thought for sure some it would go flying across the resturant while trying to break it open, but I managed to keep it all on my plate and it was very tasty! Janet had the salmon, and for desert we walked down to the Cow's ice cream shop (supposed to be the best ice cream in the world, so how could we pass that up?). It was good, but not sure about their claim. Walked around town for a bit looking at all the old homes and churches, and then back to the hotel. We're planning on driving around the island a bit tomorrow and then head to New Brunswick for our last night in Canada.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

filling our growlerfilling our growler
filling our growler

took 15 minutes to fill it...
church doorschurch doors
church doors

..to the United Church of Canada


4th August 2011

Lobster dinner and a growler of stout? Sounds killer!!!!!!!!!! Living the high life, eh? Ilysm!!
4th August 2011

Well, hooty hoot!
More beer? Shocker! I'm definitely going to look for a growler in Alaska. The town looks nice, too. Reminds me of the town up by lake Erie where we went fishing. M &D and I were talking about your blog last nite. Everyone loves reading it. Of course, now I'm in it too, which makes it much cooler! The bib is lovely, by the way. Love & Hugs, P.

Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb