Day Twelve


Advertisement
Published: August 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Had a nice breakfast at the McDonald Country Inn and hit the road. But, first we stopped to chat with Ann Marie at the visitor center in St. Peter's Nova Scotia. We stopped there the previous day, so I feel we are now on a first name basis (plus she shares the same name as my little sister). She gave us some information on the ferry to PEI (Prince Edward Island) and off we went. We drove a little out of the way up the west coast of Cape Breton Island to enjoy some nice scenery. We then drove on to Pictou to catch the ferry and missed the 2:45 ferry by 5 minutes! But, that gave us an opportunity to walk around the docks and look at all the fishing boats. We even met a nice couple that spends the summers on PEI and she was a retired teacher, so her and Janet had some common things to chat about. Her husband was quite the character and had alot of different facial expressions that spoke more than words. So, our time passed quickly as we waited for the 4:30 ferry and before we knew it we were on our way to PEI. The crossing was 75 minutes and saw no whales or dolphins. When we left the ferry we drove to a small place/community called Iris, and this is where some of Janet's ancestors lived. All we saw was a sign and a few homes, but that was pretty much it. We then headed to Charlottetown to check in to our hotel (which was quite the ordel that we'd like to soon forget). About 8PM we headed out for some dinner and went to a local place for a bite to eat. We both had fish dinners (and a beer or 2) and headed back to the hotel for some much need rest.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



3rd August 2011

PEI
Looks like a nice place. How's the weather? Looks a little cloudy today. I'm not buying the part about 'drinking a beer or two.' Janet tends to get allergies from beer, so she must be finding some wine or other fancy drink. Need to keep us updated on the fancy drinks! Not sure I could handle the long ferry rides. Bah!

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0624s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb