Background: A land of vast distances and rich natural resources, Canada became a self-governing dominion in 1867 while retaining ties to the British crown. Economically and technologically the nation has developed in parallel with the US, its neighbor to the south across an unfortified border. Canada's paramount political problem is meeting public demands for quality improvements in health care and education services after a decade of budget cuts. The issue of reconciling Quebec's francophone heritage with the majority anglophone Canadian population has moved to the back burner in recent years; support for separatism abated after the Quebec government's referendum on independence failed to pass in October of 1995.
Photos from Charlottetown
No Start a Travel Diary Free Travel Blog Site
Blogs from Charlottetown
Latest Blogs from Charlottetown
- October 3rd 2013 Campobello Island, NB, & Prince Edward Island
by Words: 350 Photos: 23
- October 2nd 2013 New York & Cruise trip 2013
by Words: 511 Photos: 3
- September 26th 2013 Rain day
by Words: 253 Photos: 0
- July 13th 2013 Day Eight: Halifax to Charlottetown, PEI July 13, 2013
by Words: 553 Photos: 7
- May 30th 2013 Day 30 & 31. Tuesday May 28/13 & Wednesday May 29/13 Charlottetown PEI 10215 kms
by Words: 852 Photos: 27
- May 28th 2013 Day 29 Monday May 27/13 Charlottetown, PEI 9935 kms
by Words: 881 Photos: 17
- February 12th 2013 Blogging 101, our first blog!
by Words: 106 Photos: 1
- September 17th 2012 PEI: Festivals, Music, Beaches and Wind Turbines
by Words: 581 Photos: 17
- September 10th 2012 PEI
by Words: 527 Photos: 16
- July 29th 2012 Toronto to Prince Edward Island (PEI)
by Words: 1080 Photos: 16
- June 13th 2012 TMI for PEI, For Sure…
by Words: 1731 Photos: 0
- May 22nd 2012 Prince Edward Island -vanaf 1 april-
by Words: 1251 Photos: 69
- August 7th 2011 Leaving Moncton & the land of potatoes P.E.I!!!
by Words: 705 Photos: 12
- August 7th 2011 Dee of Green Gables!
by Words: 445 Photos: 13
- August 3rd 2011 Day Thirteen
by Words: 279 Photos: 8
- August 2nd 2011 Day Twelve
by Words: 313 Photos: 6
- July 25th 2011 Lunch? At 10 pm?
by Words: 1419 Photos: 38
- July 24th 2011 Day 21: Flipping Wind
by Words: 1024 Photos: 9
- June 3rd 2011 Why Walk About?
by Words: 293 Photos: 0
- September 3rd 2010 Maritimes
by Words: 2624 Photos: 0