Home runs in Toronto


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
September 11th 2011
Published: September 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We enjoyed a brief visit to Toronto, the largest city in Canada on the impressive Lake Ontario. Luckily for us, we stayed with our friends who have an awesome top floor condo in downtown Toronto. Downtown Toronto has heaps of great modern condo buildings and an impressive skyline with the CN Tower standing out amongst the buildings.

We didn't come to Toronto to do the touristy things, but wandered around the harbour area and checked out a few of the notable buildings and the shops. I also went for a run which enabled me to check out some of the nice park areas around Downtown. Toronto actually reminds me of Australian cities in many ways. It isn't a really touristy place, but is easy to get around and has plenty to do.

The highlight of the trip was spending an afternoon at the Sky Dome watching a game of Major League Baseball, with the Toronto Blue Jays beating the Baltimore Orieles six to five after hitting a couple of home runs towards the end. We hadn't seen a baseball game before, but it's short innings and power hitting make it a great game to watch for those with short concentration spans.

Being the 10th anniversary of September 11, there was a tribute to the victims prior to the game. The atmosphere would have been better if the 55,000 seat stadium was at least half full, but it was an enjoyable experience nevertheless. The Sky Dome is an impressive stadium, complete with a hotel within the dome where people watch the game from their hotel room window.

We finished our visit with a visit to the distillery district where we had dinner at drinks at the microbrewery Mill St Brewery. The weather was magnificant in Toronto which surprised me and the warm nights were perfect for a drink.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.3s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0664s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb