Day 14 - The Big T.O.


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
August 15th 2011
Published: August 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We spent our last day in the area walking Yonge Street, the busiest street in Toronto. Shae and I got Starbucks coffees and Mom, Dad and Shawn got some McDonald’s Cafe thingers. Then we went shopping, we spotted some cute dresses, saw some crazy looking people, and eventually bought some sneakers for Dad, Shae and me. Then we left Mom to do some shopping of her own and continued on to the Hockey Hall of Fame. In the hall we saw amazing exhibits including some on Roger Neilson, Marice ( The Rocket) Richard, Sidney Crosby featuring the net and gloves from the Olympic Gold Metal Goal, and one one the 2010-2011 Stanley Cup Playoff Finals. After looking at everything and playing some games, and watching a video about Ryan Kesler we headed upstairs to see 2 of the 3 Stanley Cups and the players awards. We got a family (minus Mom) shot with the Stanley Cup as well. After looking around we went upstairs to buy a No Parking Canucks sign for my room and caught a cab back to Mom. It was definitely a terrific place to stop!
We took the subway to Union and walked up to the actual Union Train Station which was on route to our next stop - the giant CN tower. In the CN we watched 2 movie then headed to the Observation deck on top of the Tower. We walked outside to view the never-ending city. Lights went on forever, “sky-scrapers” barely reached 1/4 of the way up the monster we stood on and the harbor glowed. Eventually we went downstairs to buy Shawn a t-shirt and eventually made our way to dinner at a fantastic Chinese Joint around 1:30 in the morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 111, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.044s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb