Toronto in a new light


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
August 2nd 2011
Published: August 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today dawned bright and sunny. I haven't seen the high for today but it sure was hot! We took the subway over to the lake side. Started on a suggested walking tour in the Lonely Planet guide but soon got interested in the things around us and just went from one interesting thing to another. We took a tour of the Skydome - home of the Toronto Argonauts and the Blue Jays. Massive place - went behind the scenes, saw the place being spruced up for the big game on Thursday night (I'm trying to convince Ron that he would like to go to a football game). They were rolling up the flooring and replacing it with special stuff for the game. We went into the TV comentators' box, a private box, the broadcasters, journalists box, way up in the high places and way down to the floor level. The roll-away roof was an amazing sight to see. They call it some person's name now (I don't know why), I'm sure it is still the skydome to the locals. We took a launch ride around a few of the islands on Lake Ontario - super to have the cooler air around us. One rather vexing point - we were asked to stand back and let a mass of tour people get on first. Anyway, I guess that's life. I hope we don't get pushed in first when we are on our tours. We had our meals down on the waterfront overlooking the lake. The evening meal was at a place where we could see heaps of yachts racing, kayaks, canoes, sightseeing launches, a big old sail boat - all kinds of action right there for us to delight in.
Many thanks for your message Timothy. You're right!
Mini, your blog touched my heart. Lovely woman, how good it is to have you in my life.
Everyone, we love you, we miss you, we think of you and pray for you often.


Advertisement



3rd August 2011

we miss you ...
Hi Mum, Hi Ron, So good to hear that the second day in Toronto is better than the first. We are pretty lonely here at home, missing you both terribly. Russell has been pretty quiet reflecting on the special times we spent together. And, I am glad you had a chance to read my latest blog entry, a very emotional one for me to write. Thank-you for your continuous support and prayers. Sending you lots of love and light xx M&R

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb