Sharing Space


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
April 10th 2011
Published: April 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Since the middle of March a small 'flat' has been rented. After much cleaning, scraping and scrubbing with SOS, Comet, Steel Wool and a Sharp Knife, the little space is somewhat cleaner. If the carpet is as cleaned as the stove was a redo with super carpet cleaning machine will be required.

'The Flat' is in a Presbytirian senior apartment complex of 178 units. Residence range in age from 58 to infinity and come in a variety of skin shades that would challenge the rainbow. Many friendly people have introduced themselves and have been helpful in sharing knowledge about the routine and rules of the place.

Located in Scarboro at Eglinton and Danforth Road it is just 4km directly south of the YMCA at Scarboro Centre.The bus stop is directly in front of the building and takes passengers to Warden Subway. There are a lot of old people in the place.

NoFrills is at the corner and restauraunts of every ethnic description are located along Eglinton. The library is a kilometre north. Banks of every genre exist in the area.

Even though it is far in the east end access to downtown is just a subway ride away and if we dare to believe the present politicians the service will improve ... NOT!! This is not the space for my rant about Toronto public transit.

Thankfully and gratefully I have, for many years, enjoyed the hospitality of a very good friend but partners on both sides, growing children and frequency of visits make this a good time for new space aquisition.

There is excitement about furnishing 'the flat', getting familiar with the new neighbourhood and buying subscriptions for opera, theatre and symphony. Opening nites at the Art Gallery

Advertisement



14th April 2011

Good luck in your new venture Barbara. Hope all goes well!!! Cheers, Sue and Patrick

Tot: 0.42s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1288s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb