A Little Town Called Memphis


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
February 21st 2006
Published: February 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

well we have finally left Memphis and are quite sad about it...i touched on this in my last entry but just re-iterate....Memphis is a great place to go and a place where you could stay for a long time without ever getting bored...we spent the last few nights doing more of the same..drinking beer from a pub with 70 beers on tap (70! just on tap)..playing pool and listening to fantastic music and eating well...reasonable food...i can safely say i will be back in memphis...soon..

has any one heard of the ten tenors?? they played at the Brisbane vs Port Adelaide grand final....well we met them last night...they were at the pub with the 70 beers on tap...very nice bunch of guys...it would have great to have seen their show...especially since they said they would have just given us free tickets....

people have been very generous...we have had a lot of of free beers which has been great...and everyone we have come across have been friendly and helpful....although sometimes they arent to good on their local geography....example the girl from the hire car company that dropped us back in downtown memphis didnt know if the massive river that we were driving next to was the mississippi or not! its quite a big river stretchiing all the way up tp minnesota...but somehow yeah she just didnt know...

so now we are in Canadia....and its really really cold (really)...we thought memphis was cold that very south of here...we are staying at a backpackers that the rolling stones have stayed in....though they are not here now.....we are going to go see niagra falls and are planning the drive to montreal in a few days time which will be good, its great to have a car..it just gives you so much freedom and we hate paying taxi's all the time. I think canada might have a better public transport system than the US tho.

anyway hello to all from canada, thanks to Aaron and Ariane for the list of places to go...oh yeah also thanks to apple for the iPod...seriously thank-you.


john and kristian.

Advertisement



21st February 2006

7O TAPS BUT ONLY ONE BARREL
HEY PUDD GOOD TO GET YOUR PHONE CALL THE OTHER MORNING AT 7:30A.M.(ALWAYS GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU)JUST SO LONG AS YOU DONT EXPECT ME TO MAKE TOO MUCH SENSE AT THAT TIME EH!I HOPE YOU DONT ASK THE LOCALS IF THATS NIAGARA FALLS YOURE LOOKIN AT BUT I FIGURE YOU CAN WORK THAT OUT FOR YUSELF

Tot: 0.28s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0845s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb