Last days in Tassie


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Ottawa
February 22nd 2014
Published: February 22nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

G'Day mates

Well next it was off to Hobart for the last two days in Tassie... We headed along the East Coast of Tasmania, which has an ever changing landscape. Have to say I believe there is more sheep then people in Tasmania as we passed field after field with sheep with lots of cows as well.

As we headed along Coles Bay Road towards Freycinest National Park I've seen some of the most beautiful coast line. There was the rugged Hazards Mountain Range with golden fields below. One of the first lookouts was Great Oyster Bay which had a mountain range inthe distance, beautiful water, fields then Devils Corner Vineyard...

Our next stop was the park and our 1.5 hr return hike up to the lookout for Wineglass Bay... which was worth the climb it was breath taking with it's white sand, aqua water and amazing view of the bay below. Then it was a short hike to Cape Tourville to get a view of the rugged coast line. Then it was off to Hobart and our hotel.

On our last day we finally got our first look at a real Tasmanian Devil... as we visited the Tasmanian Devil Conservation Park which is helping to save this threatened species. We also saw eastern quolls, fed the kangaroos, wallabies, pademelons (looks like a small kangaroo but very timid). After that we headed to Port Arthur and then back to Horbart where we strolled around the city and waterfront.

We left on a 7am flight to Melbourne then on to Adelaide.. and warmer low 30's.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb