Museum of Nature in Ottawa


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Ottawa
July 15th 2011
Published: August 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

When we left Robert’s place on Friday it finally felt like we were truly on our way home. It was a short trip as we only went as far as Ottawa, but we were now into Ontario (and would be in Ontario for over a week before we finally crossed it all). In Ottawa, we visited the Museum of Nature as they had a temporary Giant Mammals exhibit that the boys wanted to see. This was really a great museum. The giant mammals were good, but so was the rest of the museum; with a dinosaur section, marine animals, birds, mammals, insects, etc. In each area there was a good interactive area for young kids so Marc really enjoyed it too. I think his favorite was the bird hospital, where he spent a great deal of time caring for the bird stuffed animals. In the prehistoric section there were ancient mammals like a giant rhino kind of thing that I had not seen before. They had an area of animal dioramas like in the Royal Alberta museum. They also had a 3D dinosaur show that the boys really loved. We were worried that Marc might find it scary but he loved it. The whole place was definitely worth the visit and we could have been there longer.

We met Claude’s uncle Carol and aunt Jackie for dinner and then headed on to Sudbury the next morning.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0277s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb