Niagara Falls


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Niagara Falls
July 28th 2013
Published: August 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

How do we describe Niagara Falls? Like Las Vegas with giant waterfalls. Once you get past the tacky, glitzy town and casinos you get to the falls. Firstly we had a ride on the Skywheel , a ferris wheel structure which gave us a great view of the falls. We then went down to get on the boat for the Maid of the Mist tour.

There are lines of people for the boat ride but it moves quickly. You are given a blue poncho in anticipation of the drenching you are going to get and loaded onto the Maid of the Mist boats. After stopping for the obligatory souvenir photograph we were loaded onto the boats with about 600 other participants and taken out to the falls.We were lucky to have a very still morning for the trip so we managed to stay relatively dry.The ride takes you close to the falls with the mist floating over you. The water is very powerful and the boat takes you right up to first the Amercian Bridal Veil Falls and then further down to the Canadian Horseshoe falls.

After being at Iguassu last year we were a bit apprehensive as to
Bridal veil fallsBridal veil fallsBridal veil falls

Niagara Falls
whether we would enjoy Niagara but we did.The falls are amazing and very impressive. In the afternoon after visiting the nearby town of Niagara by the Lake a very pretty town reminding us of Berry we came back to Niagara to checkin to the hotel. While we were waiting to do this we were able to take more photos and were greeted with a spectacular rainbow over the water.

Later that night we watched a firework displey over the falls. a great day.

Next we need to see Victoria Falls in Africa to complete the treble.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

SkywheelSkywheel
Skywheel

Niagara Falls
Maid of the MistMaid of the Mist
Maid of the Mist

Niagara Falls
FireworksFireworks
Fireworks

Niagara Falls
SunsetSunset
Sunset

Niagara Falls
SunriseSunrise
Sunrise

Niagara Falls


4th August 2013

Welcome to the U.S.
You've taken some fantastic waterfall photos. Can wait to read more about your trip.
4th August 2013
Rainbow over the boat

This is a good photo.
6th August 2013
Horseshoe Falls

Great Photos
I have been having a look at some of your photos and they are very good. I look forward to seeing more. Rob

Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb