Epilogue 1: Life after Circumnavigation


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Kingston
November 5th 2009
Published: November 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Fundraiser Location: Kingston Hall


Life after CircumnavLife after CircumnavLife after Circumnav

Here's some racing action from the summer. In the background Able Sail boats hit the course. Also in the background, the waterfront 400 metres from my new home.
It has been 6 months since returning home after the Water Adventure. Life has more or less returned to normal after a long, hard period of adjustment. I am once again becoming comfortable with the difficult business of everyday life.

The stress of returning to work, dealing with pressing family issues, finances, moving into a new home and juggling extracurricular activities has begun to subside, and in the coming months I should be able to focus on kicking back and relaxing.....before planning the next big thing.

In the meantime, this is the first of a few announcements coming up this fall/winter.

"Hitchhiker's Guide to the Oceans: A 46,000 Kilometre Sailing Voyage Around the Planet"



As you might have suspected, the Water Adventure had some fund-raising objectives, and I'm happy to announce that I'll be doing a presentation on November 19 in Kingston. That's a Thursday night, so maybe not too many Toronto people can make it - but here's hoping you can!

The presentation will feature an hour-long speech about my trip with a Q & A session, photos, showing of some videos, as well as a silent auction, dessert tasting and draws.

All money raised from the event will go towards Able Sail Kingston (ASK), a not-for-profit organization that provides recreational sailing programs to Kingston's community of disabled persons. It's a fantastic cause that I've volunteered with on-and-off since 2003. ASK increases the accessibility of a sport that can otherwise be quite exclusive; it allows sailors and landlubbers alike to fulfill dreams.... or just go out and have fun!

If you'd like to know more about the event, more information can be found on the Kingston Yacht Club Calendar. Even if you can't come, you can always donate! 😉

I hope you all had a great summer and I look forward to getting a chance to catch up with as many of you as possible over the winter!
Ciao,
Clive


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Able Sail, circa 2003Able Sail, circa 2003
Able Sail, circa 2003

Clive and Spencer putting the pedal to the metal!
More racingMore racing
More racing

Donning my lucky green hat on the race course.
Random Adventure #7Random Adventure #7
Random Adventure #7

My new friends Maeve and Carol before a cold Thanksgiving sail from Kingston to Pickering. 150 more miles for the log book!


5th November 2009

Where is my Wine!?!
I ordered a bottle of Stinky Feet Wine about two years ago from the Stinky Feet Project. It was billed as "rosy and oakie on the nose, with intimations of parmesan" and it has yet to arrive. Where is it?! While you've been out gallavanting around the globe with your "yachtie" friends, holding fundraisers and dessert tastings, my liver is twitching now more than ever. I think your "next big project" should be filling your Stinky Feet Wine orders. Please respond soonest. An almost former client, Armistice
5th November 2009

Stinky Feet
Ah! That brings up an interesting point... The next announcement was going to be that in about 1 week, my latest creation, Stinky Feet Beer, is going to be available! I can't promise it'll taste good, but it contains....beer! More on that shortly... (but if you're in Amsterdam, how are you going to get your hards on it??)

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb