Background: A land of vast distances and rich natural resources, Canada became a self-governing dominion in 1867 while retaining ties to the British crown. Economically and technologically the nation has developed in parallel with the US, its neighbor to the south across an unfortified border. Canada's paramount political problem is meeting public demands for quality improvements in health care and education services after a decade of budget cuts. The issue of reconciling Quebec's francophone heritage with the majority anglophone Canadian population has moved to the back burner in recent years; support for separatism abated after the Quebec government's referendum on independence failed to pass in October of 1995.
Blogs from Kingston
Latest Blogs from Kingston
- March 22nd 2013 Off to China!
by Words: 54 Photos: 0
- February 21st 2012 On the road again
by Words: 74 Photos: 1
- October 23rd 2011 Finding my roots in Kingston, Ontario
by Words: 233 Photos: 21
- August 29th 2011 British Army Blues
by Words: 1814 Photos: 24
- July 5th 2011 Bike Trip Episode 2: The Sore Butts Strike Back!
by Words: 1044 Photos: 1
- January 1st 2011 Happy New Year
by Words: 240 Photos: 0
- December 9th 2010 Winter arrives
by Words: 241 Photos: 0
- September 20th 2010 Where are we now
by Words: 419 Photos: 0
- July 18th 2010 July 17 - Kingston, Ontario, Canada
by Words: 89 Photos: 0
- July 1st 2010 No more sleeps... on our way
by Words: 57 Photos: 0
- June 23rd 2010 3 Weeks Until The Big Move
by Words: 804 Photos: 0
- March 29th 2010 Our plans...
by Words: 48 Photos: 0
- November 5th 2009 Epilogue 1: Life after Circumnavigation
by Words: 350 Photos: 5
- October 16th 2009 Pitney
by Words: 120 Photos: 3
- June 27th 2009 Kingston and Toronto Airport
by Words: 63 Photos: 0
- May 16th 2009 Pre-Departure Jitters
by Words: 490 Photos: 1
- March 7th 2009 My Kingston Brewing Company Tour
by Words: 1216 Photos: 7
- October 26th 2008 Packing to leave.
by Words: 488 Photos: 0
- October 22nd 2008 Mission Bear Paws accomplished.
by Words: 1157 Photos: 0
- October 12th 2008 nicht mehr lange...
by Words: 560 Photos: 24