Feeling Fine in Zero Nine!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Cochrane
January 1st 2009
Published: January 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Happy Zero nine everybody.
Zero eight saw us bounce around from one part of the Canada to another. And we're still bouncing!
Theresa and I left Sioux Lookout a week before old St. Nick saddled up the reindeer, and headed south-east, our first stop was Thunder Bay. Although far from tropical, we enjoyed our walk along the lake shore, as well as the delights of T-Bays bookstores. Snow-shoeing with our friends was great fun, as were the pot-luck suppers and secret Santas.
We then drove for 20 odd hours through the icy domain of northern Ontario's frozen interior, whizzing through a few small communities en-route before ending up in Casselman in the far south eastern region of Ontario. We spent about a week with Theresa's mum and enjoyed the annual delights of French-Canadian culture, festive dining, fine wines and freezing rain. We threw in a whirlwind visit to Ottawa, Canada's national capital, a quick visit in Lachute (Quebec) to see some of Theresa's French relatives, some poutine (french-fries with gravy and cheese curds), and an overnight stay with friends in Osgoode (ON).
Theresa and I had a mellow New Years Eve in Pembroke at a lovely Thai restaurant.
On the move again, we are sending you greetings from yet another motel in Cochrane, while we wait out a snowstorm.
Happy New Year. D + T.



Advertisement



2nd January 2009

Happy New Year
Happy New Year to you and Dave . From Jeannie in England.
3rd January 2009

2009!!!
Happy New Year to you both!! Let us hope that 2009 brings some much needed joy and peace to the world !! Take care and I will call soon! M,D and K xo

Tot: 0.3s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 25; qc: 175; dbt: 0.1873s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb