We Love Halifax!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Nova Scotia » Halifax
September 29th 2006
Published: October 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Sept27_2006


We love Halifax! We've been here three days and have been enjoying it very much. We're staying at the Marriott on the waterfront which is very convenient because there is a ped-way which connects you to lots of other buildings. It's great because if the weather is bad it provides an alternative route to get about. We made sure to stop and shop in the Historic Properties Market which is just next door to our hotel. There are lots of shops and lots of food vendors with all sorts of treats.

We visited the Citadel again (we were here on our last trip); we love to hear the pipers and to hear the daily cannon fire at 12 noon. We found a great little restaurant called the Apple Barrel and we took Alexander Keith's Brewery Tour to learn another aspect of Halifax history.

We also visited the Discovery Centre for the first time. It is such a nice science center. We were able to see a show on Fire and Cannon was able to participate in a robotics workshop. We had a nice lunch in Staymer's Restaurant and even stopped for a few pictures with Theodore the Tugboat. Anyone familiar with the children's story knows that Theodore and his friends live in Halifax Harbour.

The last time we were here the public gardens were closed for renovations. We made a point not to miss it this time. Incredible! It was so peaceful. This is the perfect spot to while away lots of time. While looking at the ducks and swans we noticed this really big bird. We didn't know if he was a goose or a duck or some sort of strange swan. Well, as it turns out he is a duck...a really old, fat duck. He's 19 years old and has lived his entire life at the gardens.

Our visit to Halifax has proven once again to be enjoyable. This is one of our favorite places.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

19 Year Old Duck19 Year Old Duck
19 Year Old Duck

He's lived a good life...
Brewery Tour Photo #4Brewery Tour Photo #4
Brewery Tour Photo #4

Lovely singing voice
Fire Show at Discovery CentreFire Show at Discovery Centre
Fire Show at Discovery Centre

This photo was taken in complete darkness.
Robotics WorkshopRobotics Workshop
Robotics Workshop

Cannon working with two other boys during the robotics workshop at Discovery Centre.


Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0232s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb