Greetings from Afar


Advertisement
Published: March 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Its finally gotten to the point where I can't bare to not share these photos. Wow, just wow.

Labrador life has proven to be some of the most visually impressive life Ive ever encountered. Working with Katimavik has proven to be one of the most fun jobs Ive ever had.

I love my life. Im going to post this, before I forget to post it.

Tyler


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Lake Melville BikingLake Melville Biking
Lake Melville Biking

New studded tires. 100km, of smooth, flawless ice. The feeling is too surreal to discribe.
New ParkaNew Parka
New Parka

This is a parka that a participant made for me! Its made of canvas, and WOLF FUR, from a wolf caught by the local Innu (native) community!
CaribouCaribou
Caribou

This is a herd of Caribou we came across while driving on the Trans-Labrador Hwy. Its a member of the George River herd, one of the largest migratory herds on the planet.
SnowmobilingSnowmobiling
Snowmobiling

This photo was taken on Lake Melville, the body of fresh water that feeds out into the ocean. This body of water is actually the end of a 500km inlet coming in from the ocean, which is fed by the massive Churchill River that runs past town.
LabradorianLabradorian
Labradorian

This is a Labradorian Husky, sitting atop of an old, discarded snowmobile. Sled dogs have been a part of this province's heritage for many hundreds of years longer than the snowmobile.
Dog Sledding!Dog Sledding!
Dog Sledding!

My last group was able to go dog-sledding, with a local community member. There's a race happening here in less than a month, that this group is going to be able to help out with!
Skiing on Lake MelvilleSkiing on Lake Melville
Skiing on Lake Melville

Im not actually this far from shore. My back is to the trees behind me. It is so incredible to be in the wilderness, so far from major civilization.


Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0565s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb