1st stop: Fredericton, New Brunswick


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » New Brunswick » Fredericton
October 4th 2010
Published: October 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
Alright, here goes... This is my blog about a trip across North America. For those who are unaware, Christian and I are moving to Vancouver B.C. from Halifax N.S. and I want to share some of our experience with you all!
Our first stop along the route (after detouring to New Glasgow to see Christian's folks before we left) was to Fredericton N.B. We stayed with my Aunt Lona and Uncle Gary. To be completely honest, we were spoiled! What a great way to start our trip. Now, I had been to Fredericton before, but it had been a few years ago and I never really got to explore very much. So, this was a great chance to see what it had to offer. Fredericton really isn't a very big city (could almost be considered a large town) but it really does have character.
What did we do, you ask? Well, the evening we arrived we immediatly went to my cousin Daneen's house to have dinner with her and her husband Robbie (and my Aunt and Uncle of course). The next day one we just walked around the city. We walked around, talked to some people and had lunch at a little cafe that my cousin Daneen recommended. After that we went to see her at the school she works at. Finally we took a walk through the beautiful Odell Park. It was beautiful! The fall colors were out in full force, and it is just a Fantastic park to begin with. To make things even better, it was hot and sunny! We couldn't have dreamed up a better day 😊 We had so much fun roaming around, exploring and even making sure to check under the bridges for trolls! (Of course).
Before we left, we had to check out the provincial park "Mactaquac". We hiked for a few hours through the forest, all the while learning about the beavers and their habitat. It was quite rainy for weeks before we arrived, so we even had to walk through the FREEZING waters to get across river where the bridge had broken. I honestly thought I was going to fall flat on my face and have to walk home freezing wet, but thankfully I make it!
Also, I almost forgot the part where we went to Kings Landing! It's a completely and fully operational village representing about 200 years ago. The actors were really good, and it was so interesting. I think the pictures will give you a better idea of what went on though 😊
The coolest part of our trip to Fredericton was TREEGO!! We had meet up with Christian's friend Jordan and his girlfriend the night before who told us about this crazy Treego thing. It's basically an obstacle course up inthe trees, WAYYY UP! There is 4 parts to the course and each one gets more and more difficult and more and more high up towards the tops of the trees. So we were strapped on by a harness and trying (with difficulty) to climb across swinging bridges, logs and up crazy rope ladders. Not to mention the zip lines (2 which were over water) it was SO much fun. ( I won't mention the part about how my arms hurt for almost a week after...haha).
So that's about it, step one to Fredericton is done and now we're off to Rhode Island 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 43, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Looking for BeaversLooking for Beavers
Looking for Beavers

(didn't find any :(


Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0673s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb