Lynn Valley Walk & Suspension Bridge


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia
October 24th 2012
Published: October 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After spending most of my first week in Vancouver in the city, I decided to head out to the Lynn Valley to walk through the woodland and see the suspension bridge. Some of the others wanted to come too so we set out in our little group to head over to North Vancouver. We got a day-pass for $9 from Granville station and headed down to Waterfront to catch the Seabus over to North Vancouver. The trip takes around 15 minutes and on a clear day you can see all of North Vancouver shoreline and the harbour. After arriving in North Vancouver, we caught the bus over to Lynn Valley. It was a short walk from the bus stop to the actual park entry and from there we walked directly over the Suspension Bridge. The first opened in 1912 and sits fifty metres above the Lynn Valley creek. It is fourty-eight metres long and it definitely feels unstable when you have four boys rocking it from the middle!

From here, we followed the trail to the left and followed it through the woodland until we reached the 30 foot pool (halfway between the Suspension Bridge and the Pipeline bridge). The pool looked amazing - I was only sorry that the weather wasn't warm enough for us to go swimming! After taking pictures and admiring the views, we continued up the trail and climbed to the top of the wooden stairwell to reach the top of the canyon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb