Whales and Leaving Tofino


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia
May 11th 2012
Published: May 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Ian's whale trip was cancelled again Wednesday but they moved him to the Zodiac trip going at 9am this morning. I decided you only live once so took travelsickness tablets and bought pressure point wristbands and joined him. If you ever get the chance to go on a zodiac in open seas you have to do it. Not for the faint hearted, old or incontinent it is such an exhilarating experience. I felt no sickness and we saw a whale. He was feeding quite near the shore in waters about 10 metres deep. It was a grey whale and they are not known for flipping ther tail out as they dive so we just saw him surfacing to blow. They have to do this every 3-5 mins so we saw him three times before heading back. Check out the flotation suits we had to wear!



Then we left Tofino for our journey back to Vancouver. Very sad to leave Tofino, it is an amazing place. Ian summed it up when he said "surely this must be one of the most beautiful places in the world" - definitely. I will be back one day.



We are now in our apartment in Vancouver. Having a chill before two full days of sightseeing and a trip to the casino!

Advertisement



11th May 2012

hi you two.really enjoying reading your blog,sounds amazing,loving your pics,take care and GOOD LUCK at casino. love you xxx

Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb