DAWSON CREEK


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia
July 6th 2011
Published: July 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

July 6, 2011 - DAWSON CREEK
We are now at the end of our stay in Dawson Creek and have had time to meet all the members of our group and get to know some of them quite well. All rigs have been checked to be sure they are ready for the road ahead, CB radios are up and working, etc. It is interesting to see how the men gather in small groups around one of the rigs and have a good time talking and joking together. Dwain is enjoying this camaraderie with fellow travelers.
This evening the whole group boarded a bus to go to Milepost Zero for a group picture and then to a lovely banquet room at the George Dawson Inn for a wonderful dinner together. We are told this is just one of many dinners we will have together, all part of our original fee. We have a lovely group of people and it looks like we are going to get along together very well. Many of them have a great sense of humor, and each one has an interesting story to tell. One of the couples at our table tonight is from Loveland, Colorado, and had their home burned down in the forest fires on Labor Day of last year. They are still trying to decide where to relocate since they lost everything in the fire and need to move to where there in not so much snow!! Tomorrow morning we hit the road and head for Ft. Nelson, taking time to stop at interesting places along the way.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



7th July 2011

Dawson Creek
So glad that you have made it to your starting point! Now the fun begins!! Love your pictures and your comments. Enjoy Fort Nelson. They have a great Museum there. Pouce Coupe is where my sister lived and worked after she graduated so I do know the mighty metropolis!! Ha, Ha.

Tot: 0.197s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0744s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb