Background: A land of vast distances and rich natural resources, Canada became a self-governing dominion in 1867 while retaining ties to the British crown. Economically and technologically the nation has developed in parallel with the US, its neighbor to the south across an unfortified border. Canada's paramount political problem is meeting public demands for quality improvements in health care and education services after a decade of budget cuts. The issue of reconciling Quebec's francophone heritage with the majority anglophone Canadian population has moved to the back burner in recent years; support for separatism abated after the Quebec government's referendum on independence failed to pass in October of 1995.
Photos from Vanderhoof
No Start a Travel Diary Free Travel Blog Site
Blogs from Vanderhoof
Latest Blogs from Vanderhoof
- May 30th 2010 30 May, 2010 Vanderhoof, BC to Hyder, AK
by Words: 228 Photos: 11
- May 29th 2010 West Across the Yellowhead
by Words: 252 Photos: 4
- May 29th 2010 May 29, 2010 Blue River BC to Vanderhoof, BC
by Words: 151 Photos: 6
- September 27th 2009 Ft. St. James, BC (Home)
by Words: 602 Photos: 15
- July 15th 2009 Vanderhoof, BC
by Words: 201 Photos: 0
- May 29th 2009 Ed- The TV Celebrity
by Words: 153 Photos: 0
- September 1st 2008 Takla Lake, B.C.
by Words: 388 Photos: 17
- June 22nd 2007 Why does it always rain on me?
by Words: 1767 Photos: 13
- February 19th 2007 To the Hoof and Return
by Words: 231 Photos: 0