5 Best Things to do in Vancouver


Advertisement
Published: May 31st 2019
Edit Blog Post

From skiing and hockey to sushi and totem poles, obviously magnificent Vancouver, Canada, teeming with athletic, culinary, and cultural experiences.




1. See the Wildlife




Vancouver is one of the world's best destinations. Tour companies like Prince of Whales provide close guaranteed sightings of orcas spouting and breaching and encourage marine conservation and education. March to October runs. While researching Pacific waters at a coated or zodiac vessel, you could also spot porpoises, sea lions, and cormorants.




2. Awesome Neighborhoods




Just west of downtown, Commercial Drive is home to Vancouver's Little Italy and offers a persuasive mix of eateries, from Bandidas Taqueria (Mexican) into Cafe Deux Soleils (vegetarian). The technology advances are impressive and include everything from virtual reality to the new wireless security cameras. Have a look at counterculture havens like volunteer-run Spartacus Books or Storm Crow Tavern, which includes nerdy board games and sci-fi movie screenings.




3. Night Owls




Savvy hipsters flock to Main Street's gritty, authentic music landscape, by the Rickshaw Theatre's punk and metal shows to the Biltmore Cabaret's indie rock and hip-hop functions. Refuel with artisan java and classic doughnuts in Forty-Ninth Parallel, or dip to Vancouver's booming craft beer scene in Brassneck Brewery or 33 Acres.




4. Quick Day Trip




Whistler, which is located only 2 hours north of Vancouver, is the ski ski ski hotel of North America. Bear-watching, hiking, and whitewater rafting anticipate visitors that are active. The Peak 2 Peak Gondola, using a 1.88-mile unsupported length, provides mind-blowing views. Driving up the street alongside enormous Howe Sound is a sin in itself.




5. Famous Sites



Stanley Park is unmissable. It is astonishing that there exists with rain forest and gardens a park in the border of downtown Vancouver. Bike or walk round the 5.5-mile seawall, stopping for pictures of totem poles, the Six O'Clock Gun (a cannon which booms nightly), Siwash Rock, the"Girl from the Wet Suit" statue, as well as the iconic Lions Gate Bridge.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb