Week Three


Advertisement
Published: April 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Can't believe im starting week three already. Still no job haha and no house. I think i apply to an average of 6 jobs a day, everyday. it's really not that easy here to get a job especially when you are competing with 500 + other applicants with more experience.

Last week it was job hunt, job hunt, job hunt. I apply on line, i apply in person, i apply any way i can to anything i can. No one says anything though. Tells you what they are looking for etc. Sam actually took me into his work, Wednesday i think, and i met the manager or something there and applied for a job as waitress or server there. He was the first person to tell me that i probably don't have a lot of chance getting a job as a server here in Vancouver because i have not got the hospo experience that they want. He said in a couple weeks, he is going to get 500 applications from people who are more qualified and experienced than me. He said as a server, probably not but im a 'pretty girl' with confidence so i should be going for positions as hostess. Great lol. Another cafe i went into pretty much told me i should be working in a bar cause i will make more money. I told him i have been trying and he told me to lie on my cv. LIE. I can't say that i really want to do that.

Anyway good things come to those who wait 'ea'?

Monday, Charlotte, Holly and i went to a cute little italian place in Gastown for dinner. They had the cutest cocktails and the food was really yummy! Love the English girls! Tuesday night i went to a movie and dinner at a jap place with Sam (its bloody dang near impossible to go to dinner with that egg, as a chef hes pretty dang food fussy). Wednesday night i had my first 7aside mixed footy experience. It was definately different to NZ. I much prefer the way that we play but it was still fun. We lost but went for a drink after at a bar with some of the team. They are all really nice and the next morning there was an email going round from one of them saying the kiwi needed a job and people ask around haha. The bar we were at had this out there Canadian guy too. He took our order then came back with two whisky shots, slammed one down in front of me, said welcome to Canada ea and shotted it back. i was like 'crap, don't wana be rude!' shot. Then i couldn't stop talking haha. I'm pretty sure that is why i cant get a job. I talk to much. Thurs night i helped Holly study for her exam, i mean interview haha. i have never met anyone who prepares for an interview like Holly. It was wow extreme.

Friday night Holly and i cooked then drank two bottles of wine then we joined the Irish guys across the road at Johny Foxes, an Irish pub. There are so many Irish here and Irish pubs are everywhere. Fun bunch of people. These two guys (escort dude and friend) are a hoot. We drank, (me wine and Holly, my sweet little nice English girl whisky on the freaking rocks!) then the boys wanted to go down to gas town. i wasn't that keen so stayed at the bar talking to some Irish guy and some Canadian guy while Holly went of with the Irish guys and a bunch of Canadian girls. I got to bed around 2.30 i think. Holly didn't get home till 4am ish lol.

Saturday. Epic haha. During the day i just hung with Sebb and then went shopping at their 'big' mall here (not massive like they all seem to think). Sebb was trying to teach me some Swedish, he was pissing himself because of how i pronounced stuff but then he recorded me saying something which apparently turned out to be 'i have big hairy balls'or something and then it ended up on facebook haha. Sebbs so funny, best sence of humour. I face book raped Sam. i only updated his status say 'Vancouver is a very metrosexual place, think i might join the trend. Pink g-strings are not as uncomfortable as they look' but what i really wanted to put was a reply to his mates status who had written "trying to save $7 and wax my own eyebrows' i was going to reply with "wanting to save $20 and wax my own balls" Sebb thought that was epic, i thought it might be pushing it a bit far haha.

Anyway that evening Holly and i cooked and i went down to 'the Beaver' to have a few drinks cause they were having an underwater party. It was Hollys last night in the hostel though so we went and got another couple bottles of wine and drank them and played more pool then ended up back at Johny Foxes again. You meet the most amazing people randomly traveling. Met a kiwi guy from Wellsford sat morn so invited him to join us at the bar that night so he came over with a couple of Irish guys as well. Its around here my memory starts to fade. I know we were all pretty plastered and ended up going to Mac ds for a burger (this is becoming a bad drunk habit!) then back to the Hostel to play more pool. Although, by this stage one of the Irish guys that the Kiwi had brought along was getting to be a dick. big mouth, arrogant prat and Fran with a few drinks in her dodn't feel like putting up with a douche so Irish dick met angry Fran haha. He eventually left and then i met a scottish guy and ended up talking to him for ages about footy and then when he went i met two more irish guys that wern't even staying at the hostel but were in there anyway haha so i ended up talking to them for an age cause everytime i would try go to bed they would follow. Funny guys, real drunk!

I think i finally got away and to bed just before 5m and then set my alarms to wake at 7 to get up and dressed to watch Tottenham. YAYA winners haha loved it.

Sunday i helped Holly move (so sad!) and then we walked around Kits which is so pretty and nice and then home for an early night.

Today, back to the job hunting. Surprise surprise

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb