BBQ at Stories Beach


Advertisement
Published: May 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

BBQ SalmonBBQ SalmonBBQ Salmon

Eating the salmon bbq'd in the pit
About 6 years ago we drove all the way here, to Port Hardy, to see what was on the other side of the island. When we were here we wanted to visit Stories beach. As it turned out our RV tire went out while we were there forcing us to camp overnight.

We thought that it might be fun to go back and visit, just see where we’d been and what it looked like today. We did go in the morning as it was time for a morning walk with Emilio and decided that it would be a great place to BBQ some salmon later that day.

We asked at the store where we could get fresh caught salmon but found that we are too early in the season. We then asked the host of the B&B, she called her son who has a fishing business and he gave us a huge, beautiful fillet from his freezer.

Sunday was rainy most of the day but we just decided to take a chance, we’d eat in the car if we had to. So off we drove to Stories Beach late afternoon. It was cloudy but didn’t rain on us. Emilio ran on the beach, collecting rocks.

All we brought to eat and drink was salmon and Pipestone wine that Dale brought from home. We opened the wine and enjoyed it while Dale and Bekki got a nice charcoal fire going.

Dale had brought our fish basket along from home so it made BBQ’ing easy. They BBQ’d the salmon taking turns holding the basket in the fire.



The fish was done perfectly. We couldn’t sit at the table as it was really wet so we stood and ate our salmon. No side dishes were necessary here, just salmon, good wine and a fabulous setting.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0527s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb