Background: A land of vast distances and rich natural resources, Canada became a self-governing dominion in 1867 while retaining ties to the British crown. Economically and technologically the nation has developed in parallel with the US, its neighbor to the south across an unfortified border. Canada's paramount political problem is meeting public demands for quality improvements in health care and education services after a decade of budget cuts. The issue of reconciling Quebec's francophone heritage with the majority anglophone Canadian population has moved to the back burner in recent years; support for separatism abated after the Quebec government's referendum on independence failed to pass in October of 1995.
Photos from Parksville
No Start a Travel Diary Free Travel Blog Site
Blogs from Parksville
Latest Blogs from Parksville
- June 13th 2012 Northern Vancouver Island
by Words: 564 Photos: 4
- June 12th 2012 The Horne Lake Caves
by Words: 1101 Photos: 6
- August 30th 2011 The Spirit of the Spheres
by Words: 285 Photos: 15
- August 8th 2010 In With the Tide, Out with the Old
by Words: 1200 Photos: 28
- June 24th 2010 Vancouver Island and Science world
by Words: 1498 Photos: 26
- May 19th 2010 Beyond the (Pacific) Rim...
by Words: 549 Photos: 10
- September 24th 2008 We spy ocean!
by Words: 719 Photos: 0
- September 24th 2008 Photos!
by Words: 5 Photos: 14
- July 24th 2008 First snakes on a plane, now goats on a roof
by Words: 402 Photos: 25
- June 24th 2008 Gone today
by Words: 197 Photos: 0
- June 15th 2008 10 more days
by Words: 66 Photos: 0
- August 1st 2006 1st time to Canada
by Words: 1399 Photos: 44
- July 5th 2005 Leaving Pacific Rim
by Words: 430 Photos: 1