Oka-na-gan-wa-gan valley wine tasting


Advertisement
Published: July 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Finally..the boys arrived! Three of our best friends from home - Jamie, Rich and Dan - flew into Vancouver for a 3 week holiday in Canadia. The first week they will be spending with us in Vancouver, the second week will be our cruise in Alaska and the third week they will be venturing off on their own into the wilderness of Alberta! We were lucky enough to holiday with Jamie and Rich in Cardiff/London/Barcelona on our travels last year, but we had not seen Dan since the day we left him at the airport!

We decided to welcome them to British Columbia by spending a long weekend in the Okanagan Wine Valley. Everything was perfect - we got a great new Chrysler to drive from Enterprise, we booked a cheap motel in Penticton, the weather was perfect in the mid-20's and constant sunshine, and we tasted many many wines! Plus, it was a relaxing and special way to catch-up with some friends from home who we dearly miss. A lot has happened in the last year or so!

The Oka-na-gan-wa-gan (Dan couldn't pronounce it so this is what it sounded like when he said it!) did not know what hit it...there was much debauchery and drunken-ess as the 5 of us had not been together for a long long time, and there are some pictures that are not safe for the real world here! But we had a great time, although we came out with some scratches and bruises, a lot of hangovers, and unfortunately a lost wallet.

We will miss these guys so much when they have to go home 😞


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb