Another Sunny Day in Canada


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Kamloops
July 4th 2011
Published: July 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Happy 4th of July everyone. There didn't seem to be any excitement here for Independence Day. I guess we weren't around any people from the USA. Today we booked for the steam train ride -starts at 7:30 pm and apparently goes by a church just in time to see the sun set through the stained glass windows. I will be interested to see how they manage to time that! We get "held up" too. Today we went to a BC Wildlife Park where animals (which have been rescued from the wild and are unable to be re-introduced into the wild because of some defect) are housed and we were able to see them up close. That's just in case we don't actually see them in their natural habitat. Actually, I don't mind if I don't see a grizzly or a wolf out there- they're fabulous creatures but without a fence between us..... It was great to see the little badger and porcupines and racoons. They were all a bit quiet though because the day was so hot - they all looked well fed and happily accommodated though. We've come back to the B&B for a respite. I thought I'd send this to you now because I don't expect to have access in our log cabin in Mt. Robson Park tomorrow.
Our love to you all,
Ron/Dad/Grandpa & Pat/Mum/Granny

Advertisement



5th July 2011

Hatchet
Hi Mum and Ron, Good to hear more of your adventures. Talking of animals reminds me of the book Ryan and I are reading called Hatchet. It's about a 13 year old boy who is in a small plane that crashes in the middle of a Canadian forest on the edge of a lake. He has already met a black bear and a porcupine. The bear left him alone but the porcupine left him with a few spines. I hope your train ride was good and the bandits didn't take too much of the royal jewelery. Love Peter.

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0599s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb