Canada and back to the USA


Advertisement
Published: June 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

I am so far behind with my posting I will never get caught up. We haven't had good Wi-Fi until just the last few days so here are some of our older pictures.

When leaving Montana and entering Canada we took some pictures of the Canada rockies and they were very much like the Montana rockies. There sure was a lot of marsh lands in the valley in Canada. We were terribly disappointed in Canada because it rained everyday. Canada's Hyw.#1 even washed out and forced us to head back to the US early. Lake Louise is short of water as is lake Moraine. They had plenty of rain while we were there but the snow fall last winter was not the usual amount and I think you can see in the pictures how far down the water was. The clouds hid the tops of the mountains and never lifted while we were there. Canmore was completely cloud covered and that was so disappointing. We did visit the Calgary 1988 Olympic site and it was very interesting. We were able to go to the top of the 90 meter ski jump and believe me these guys that ski jump are completely NUTS!!!
You will see what I mean in the pics. We also took pics of the smaller jump and the beginners learning jump. The luge track is still used for training as is the ice house and snow boarding pipe. It was a worthwhile stop even in the rain.

Will try to post our North and South Dakota pictures soon.

Gma




Additional photos below
Photos: 61, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Canada, North and South Dakota 048Canada, North and South Dakota 048
Canada, North and South Dakota 048

How does anyone start from this height
Canada, North and South Dakota 049Canada, North and South Dakota 049
Canada, North and South Dakota 049

These are some really big skis !!
Canada, North and South Dakota 022Canada, North and South Dakota 022
Canada, North and South Dakota 022

Dumb pictures got jumbled again. This is the inside of the lodge at Lake Louise


Tot: 0.173s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0552s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb