Background: A land of vast distances and rich natural resources, Canada became a self-governing dominion in 1867 while retaining ties to the British crown. Economically and technologically the nation has developed in parallel with the US, its neighbor to the south across an unfortified border. Canada's paramount political problem is meeting public demands for quality improvements in health care and education services after a decade of budget cuts. The issue of reconciling Quebec's francophone heritage with the majority anglophone Canadian population has moved to the back burner in recent years; support for separatism abated after the Quebec government's referendum on independence failed to pass in October of 1995.
Photos from Chilliwack
Blogs from Chilliwack
Latest Blogs from Chilliwack
- August 29th 2012 SUMMER 2012
by Words: 124 Photos: 11
- May 13th 2012 Princeton to Chilliwack BC
by Words: 73 Photos: 35
- October 13th 2011 1st Test Run by Myself
by Words: 24 Photos: 1
- September 7th 2011 West Coast Adventure
by Words: 86 Photos: 0
- September 6th 2011 West Coast Adventure
by Words: 190 Photos: 0
- February 6th 2010 100 Mile House to Chilliwack BC
by Words: 428 Photos: 13
- August 28th 2009 The countdown begins...
by Words: 182 Photos: 0
- May 23rd 2007 "THE MEXICO SONG", and other assorted musings...
by Words: 1534 Photos: 0
- March 22nd 2007 Getting Ready for Departure
by Words: 115 Photos: 9
- January 15th 2007 Things seem to happen just before you go
by Words: 96 Photos: 1
- January 8th 2007 orphanage & plan
by Words: 363 Photos: 0
- December 3rd 2006 It's coming together
by Words: 187 Photos: 1
- February 22nd 2005 There's No Place Like Home...There's No Place Like Home...
by Words: 1333 Photos: 19