Ice Sculptures at Lake Louise


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Lake Louise
January 24th 2013
Published: May 15th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Another chance for a been there in the summer now lets see what its like in the winter trip.

We were told we must go see the amazing ice sculptures at Lake Louise, and amazing they were. It was really cool to see how much detail they are able to put into the sculptures and the hard work that must go into them. We were unable to go to the sculpting competition but went to see the finished products.

You could also skate or walk out onto the lake and go through a sculpture that resembled a castle, it was very neat to be able to get up close and actually touch the sculpture and take photos.

It was a fantastic day, the lake and mountains looked amazing, as always. =)



Almost forgot to mention... Amanda looks like a criminal!! On our way to Lake Louise we got pulled over by a police officer because Amanda looked like a girl with a warrant out for her arrest. It wasn't until Amanda spoke (accent) and the officer saw her close up that he realised she wasn't her. Luckily he had dealt with this person before. He leaned in the car and said "Well I guess you wont be spending the night in Jail". OMG well it was an experience for sure, the officer was really nice once he realised and was joking with us. Its a very scary feeling when you get pulled over the first time in a foreign country thinking... what did i do wrong, what rule do i not know about. But was all OK in the end. =)


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



15th May 2013

Love the pics etc. . .
Thanks for the great photos you took. It must have been amazing in real life !. . . I laughed about the incident with the Police getting confused over Amanda's identity, although i can imagine her dismay and confusion over why you were pulled over. Lol. . .Well written. Made me chuckle! :-)

Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0806s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb