Devonian Gardens


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Edmonton
July 26th 2012
Published: September 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Shane ringing the peace bell 5 secs
The drive to Edmonton was 297km long but felt soo much longer, the road was straight and all that was around us was nothing, it was just flat!

On our way through a small place called Gasoline Alley we saw a dounut store, we stopped and got some, they were delicious.

We arrived at Devonian Gardens and looked around. The gardens were really cool there was a butterfly house full of beautiful butterflies. There was a lot to see with woodland gardens, wetlands and Japanese gardens. We liked the Japanese garden best, there were dragonflies everywhere, it was like walking through midges at the beach and there was a peace bell, so we both had a turn at ringing it.

The weather was fantastic on our way to Edmonton and at the gardens but when we drove into town all of a sudden it was really dark, we were waiting at the traffic lights when the guy driving the truck next to us lent over and told us that the huge grey cloud just to the left of us was about to dump hail on us and we should find shelter, the lights turned green and the truck was gone, we took that disappearing act seriously and headed toward the West Edmonton Mall underground carpark, we didn't get there in time it started pouring with rain, we could not see anything and the road got flooded real fast, we weren't far from the carpark and were glad when we got there, however it was not much shelter from the rain, the top floor, we guess, was designed to leak so water did not build up on the top car park, so we ran inside.

The mall was enormous, inside it had theme parks, water parks, ice skating rink, tenpin bowling, putt putt golf, even an aquarium and animal shows. We had not planned enough time for the visit to the mall and will make another trip up there to ride the rollarcoasters, go down the waterslides and ice skate.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.026s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb