CALGARY: an outing with Seamus


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Calgary
November 1st 2013
Published: November 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Calgary friends!Calgary friends!Calgary friends!

My new friend Jaise, and Seamus!
I applaud my friend Seamus for moving out to Calgary from Brantford for a year to work and earn money before school. Living in a major city far from family and friends can be quite scary! Nane dropped me off at Seamus' work around 8 o'clock because we had plans to go out and do something to celebrate Halloween which was the night before. Once he was off his shift we bused over to his little apartment which was quite nice, and bundled up to go to Screamfest held at the Calgary stampede grounds. Screamfest is a combination of haunted houses, ghoulish games, and other scary activities. We went in all 6 haunted houses which were actually quite well done (one was completely pitch black so I forced Seamus to go first and navigate our way through). It was hilarious at one point because we had gone in right after another group so Seamus was at the back of the pack. I hear a little whimper, kind of panicked noise come from him and see that some old lady had been creepily following him and pretty much breathing down his neck. After the haunted houses we took a photo with the evilest of characters (as you can see I didn't get the serious memo and smiled, oops). It only took an hour to go through the whole thing so we ended up walking over to where Seamus works, Original Joes, and hungout with his cook and bartender friends. His friend Eric was a bartender off shift and showed us some really cool trick shots, like a flaming sambuca which looked almost like a blue fire tornado. Another was called an alien brain hemorrhage which was abunch of layers of alcohol and then weird spirals of blue and red in the middle kinda looking like a lava lamp! I met some of Seamus' cook friends, Jaise, who is absolutely hilarious and such a fun time, and the Mexican workers, one who had the nickname Poncho. I find it so funny that they've nicknamed Seamus, shampoo. Since they all worked there we were allowed to stay at the restaurant after closing hours for as long as we liked. It was so nice to see a familiar face and hangout with someone my own age!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement




Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.116s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb