A day in Banff


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Banff
May 12th 2012
Published: May 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

On top of the World!On top of the World!On top of the World!

Sulphur Mountain, Banff
Spent today in Banff. Walked downtown and booked a couple of tours for the next few days then had a hot chocolate & cake which were so damn sweet couldn't eat/drink. After this caught the bus to the Banff Gondola. Bit nervous but damn it was good. Thought I'd have to share the gondola cabin but didn't ...had one to myself so could oohh and ahhh as much as I liked. Top of Sulphur Mountain (not a great name hey?) was breathtaking. Mountains for 360 degrees, could see the small township of Banff in the valley, view of Bow Lake and the river...just beautiful. I took so many photos everyone is going to be fed up of looking at them (except for me of course). Lunch on top of the mountain and a walk around. Fantastic.

Back doewn the mountain, bus back to township and decided to do a walk around Fenway park. Is meant to be 2.0km and take about 30 minutes. Well, 2 hours later ....hobbled back into township of Banff. Realised had done both Fenway Park and Bow River walks all at once. Loved walking through the pine forest and coming across the rivers and seeing people
Mountains around BanffMountains around BanffMountains around Banff

Attempt at Panoramic shot...just so beautiful
canoeing. Saw couple of squirrels and heard some birds but didn't see them. No goats, sheep or Moose today though. Feet, ankles and hips are now aching...but a good, kind of satisfied ache.

Dinner in the hotel tonight. Steak and garlic mash potatoe...restored the ole' body....oh, and the Martini might have had something to do with it too...lol. Such a full day, couldn't be #$%$ doing the washing ...that will have to wait until tomorrow (although did handwash socks so have a clean pair in the morning....lol).

Nice chat with Alex on Skype tonight rounded the day off perfectly.

Happy Mothers Day too (in Australia anyway).

Cheers.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb