Dubai - first days


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
January 18th 2014
Published: January 20th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hi all,

After a 1 hour delay in Manchester Airport because the sinks on our plane had broke we finally managed to take off and start our trip. First stop Dubai!

The flight itself was great after the Emirates staff had managed to reset my TV screen and we had no issues getting through passport control after we landed once we figured out and asked if we were in the right queue. They even opened up a new queue for some of us that had the British electronic passports, which we got right to the front of.

The hotel we are staying at is very nice and located opposite the Dubai museum and a couple of minutes walk from the Creek.

Over the last two days we have been to the textile, spice, and gold souks which were all interesting and it would have been good to buy something from the spice souk but as this is the start of our trip there was no point! We have also been to the massive Dubai Mall and the aquarium inside the mall but we didn't have time to go the indoor theme park also there! We did have time for the fountain show at the bottom of the Burj Khalifa which was good and the Dubai museum was well worth a visit at only 3 dirham's per person (about 50 pence!). We also took a couple of rides on the very busy metro system and a few trips on the water taxi's which were great and only 1 dirham per person.

Dubai is impressive with its skyscrapers and new buildings but on the other side the majority of people here and and some of the areas we have walked through have not been so welcoming. Some of the people have been very friendly but the majority have a sort of arrogance we have have not seen in other countries.

Both mine and Carly's feet are now hurting after a lot of walking and we are looking forward to our curry tonight and our flight to Bangkok in the morning.

Kev & Carly

Advertisement



20th January 2014

dubai
Loved your first blog and photos looking forward to reading hours next installment! Xx
20th January 2014

Exciting
Hi Carly and Kev! How vey exciting to read about your adventure in Dubai and it's just the start! I will look forward to reading more as the travels go on, take care and have great times :-) x
20th January 2014

globe trotters
Forgot to tell you when we skyed earlier all that stuff thats stored at mum and Dads has been sold. Good flight in the morning, chat tomoz love yous xxxxx

Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.074s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb