Jumana Secret of the Desert


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
March 21st 2009
Published: March 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well we (myself, David and cousin James) used up all of my airmiles points last night and paid a visit to the Jumana Secret of the Desert Show at the Al Sahra Desert Resort.

It was an interesting experience to say the least. We got a bit of a surprise when we stumbled across the access road to the resort. It totally lept up out of nowhere and David practically had to do a handbrake slide into the turn to make it and then we discovered that the access road to this fancy resort is actually un paved. Mr Norman wasn't impressed that his nice clean little silver saab had to drive through the dust.

The show itself was so typically Dubai. The facilities were amazing, much better than we expected. And you could tell that they had spared no expense on the special effects for the show. However the whole thing just didn't come together and the storyline that thread its way through the show was just rubbish. I actually got lost and could not work out what on earth was meant to be going on. Something about a king who had two sons, and died, but before he died he gave them gifts. Then one son just totally disappeared and the other son was suddently trying to rescue this women who had been stolen with a pearl. And then the kings gifts to his son were producing magic dancers and genies and it was just toooooooo much.

There was a lot of dancing as well.

But the best part of the show was the ribbon dancers. The ones that dangle from a highwire and dance in the sky using the extra strength ribbons/ropes/whatever they are called to spin all around.

So all in all I would not recommend going to see the show.

Advertisement



14th July 2009

Wow...
If i had to use one word to explain this show, it would be "Wow". The vivid use of lights, the energetic dancers, the provocative use of sound and music and the cost to watch this show, still amazes me. I am still ask myself, "Wow" why did i waste 230 UED on this 1.5 hr show. Even with the sublimely over the top performance and noise, i was still able to drift in and out of consciousness as i struggled to stay awake through this performance. Originally, i though it was me and at first i didn't want to admit i struggled to stay interested and awake during the performance. It was only once i heard other members of my tour group expressing contempt for the show and its lack-luster performance that then i realised it wasn't just me. I believe, the greatest disappointment of this show is the pure cost. It is way too much. Lets put it into perspective! You could enjoy 7 beers at a night club and have an awesome time. Or you could go on a sand dune safari and a sun-downer dinner with a little cash to spare. Or you could enjoy cocktail drinks at the burj al Arab on over looking the night sky... twice! It is purely NOT WORTH SEEING. Although if you enjoy aerobatics, Arab music at top volume and images being sprayed onto fans on water. Be my guest.

Tot: 0.302s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 68; dbt: 0.1291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb