Pampering at the Burj Al Arab


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
September 29th 2007
Published: October 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Girls on a spa missionGirls on a spa missionGirls on a spa mission

Leanne and Chelle at Assawan Spa - Heaven!
Heaven on earth is a place called the Assawan Spa at the Burj Al Arab.

The usual suspects (Jessie and Leanne) and Chelle started out on their tour of the spas of Dubai with a trip to the Burj Al Arab to take advantage of the summer special age defying facial.

For only AED600 we managed to spend four and a half hours in the Burj Al Arab Spa. 80 minutes of that time was spent actually having the facial and the remainder of the time was spent lolling about in the pool area drinking cups of tea.

The facial itself was absolutley out of this world. All of us practically fell asleep on the table. Chelle's therapist told her off a little bit and said that she had to start cleaning her skin better and to ram the point home showed her the horrendous output of her 'extraction' - all of the nasty blackheads that her face had managed to accumulate over the 6 months that she had been in Dubai. The actual process of the extraction was not pleasant and Chelle had tears running down her face at the end of it.

However this was more than made up for by the head and shoulder massage that followed. Absolute heaven on earth! This is where everyone fell asleep.

After the facial were completed the crew ajourned to the private pool area where tea was served and we all spent the next three hours. The boys actually had to ring and text us approx 4 times to find out where we were and if we were planning on leaving anytime soon. Na Ah - I don't think so.

Jessie and Chelle decided to take full advantage of the Burj facilities and even had a sauna, steam and the a plunge in the freezing cold plunge pool. Very refreshing. This was then topped off by a full luxuriating shower and use of the complimentary shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, cleanser, toner, moisturiser, ear buds, toothbrush and toothpaste - the final items that we even took with us 😊

A resolution was made that we would have to have a spa treatment every month (we were going to go for every week but thought that the boys might revolt at that) trying out a different spa each time. We are a little worried that we might have gone to the best spa right at the start of our spa journey but research has indicated that there are some other, truely lovely spas out there in Dubai just waiting for us......

We'll keep you posted.




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb