Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Abu Dhabi


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Abu Dhabi
December 4th 2011
Published: December 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hi,

I am going to restart this blog with photos of Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi, where we visited on the weekend. It is so stunning, majestic and peaceful, I thought it would be a nice introduction back to the UAE. It was a long weekend in the UAE, for Islamic New Year, coinciding with the UAE National Day 40th yr celebrations, so it was a great chance to visit Abu Dhabi for 3 days...more to come on that later.

To briefly fill you in, I started this blog several years ago when we were living in Abu Dhabi. After returning to Australia for a year or so, we have now just recently relocated back to the UAE, although this time we are living in Dubai. I will recap in the following blog entries, our views and photos on arriving in Dubai. For now, this is a visual diary of our mosque visit....

We visited late in the afternoon, although I think the best time is sunset and into the evening, for photography. Our first visit was when the mosque first opened in 2008 and as a visitor you could come in the evening and I had beautiful photos from that visit. Then for a quiet a while the mosque was only opened to the public in the mornings... I am pleased to see they have now opened it to visitors all day up to 10pm,( except Friday morning) so definatley worth a visit if you can make it here!

More soon....:-)


Additional photos below
Photos: 73, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0662s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb