Istanbul


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Marmara » Istanbul » Sultanahmet
May 2nd 2011
Published: May 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Last truck drive to Istanbul, a final meal, and lots of sad farewells over the next few days as we all go our own ways. For me, it was back to Asia for a much appreciated stay with Julia and Julian in Kadikoy, a boat and a bus ride away from the touristy side of Istanbul. A double bed and room of my own was a complete luxury after Galipolli and Eceabat beach and it was good to catch up on sleep and laundry, and to briefly return to normal life! I watched the Royal Wedding on Friday accompanied by Pimms, afternoon tea, and strawberries in abundance. Although a bit touristed-out, I did manage to see Topkapi Palace, the Grand Baazar, the Spice Bazaar, the Basicalla Cisterns, and many mosques. (I did however manage to miss the 5th biggest diamond in the world and Mohammed's finger nail while avoiding big crowds of tourists and schoolchildren - oh well, you can't see everything!) Istanbul is a pretty unique place, being the only city to straddle two continents and it's definitely somewhere I could visit again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb