Ulus Cafe and Park


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Marmara » Istanbul » Ortaköy
April 14th 2014
Published: April 14th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Day one in Istanbul started at noonish :-) with brunch at Ulus Cafe and Park. We enjoyed a Turkish mid-day meal of Bourek. A type of noodle casserole with cheeses and cream......stewed tomatoes with peppers and eggplant, fresh sliced cucumber, tomatoes , olives (black and green) :-))))) hard boiled eggs, sliced cheeses and salami type meats, fresh peppers, delicious breads .... Fresh apples, grapes, bananas, and Simit, a bagel type roll with toasted sesame seed and jam. Yummmm!

After brunch we went outside to take pictures overlooking the Bosphorus,the waterway that divides the eastern and western sides of Istanbul. The views were amazing of the Asian side of Istanbul and the first bridge. Our staff photographer, Abby Vogelaar, took wonderful photos which will be featured in this and future blogs.

After brunch we drove down the STEEP hill through Bebek along the Bosphorus and got caught in huge traffic jam! Beautiful sunny Sunday afternoon plus gorgeous walkway along water equals Big Mistake!!!! Our most excellent driver, Peter, finally managed to turn us around And got us back to Arnavutkoy to an area where we parked in the hills and walked down to stroll along the waterway for more photo opps of beautiful views, strolling families and local fishermen.

It was a beautiful afternoon and evening. Our chauffeur / Chef, Peter, put on his apron and prepared us a delicious dinner of seasoned pan seared chicken breast, Turkish rice, steamed pea pods, and grilled Haloumi cheese with bread and salad. Wow! Wish you all were here to enjoy with us . Iyi Akshamlar from Istanbul


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb